The American Legion Riders at Post 7, Bellingham WA are offering a $500 Educational Scholarship for qualified Whatcom County High School Senior Student applicants who will be attending a Community College or University after graduation.
Recipients will be awarded this scholarship for exemplary community service and their continued commitment to bettering their local and global communities in the future.
Qualifying applicants are those that share the same kind of giving heart that John Fassett showed in his lifetime through donating their time to help others, volunteering in their community, or setting examples of what it means to truly give without expecting anything in return.
This scholarship will be awarded to recipients who will be graduating in June 2014.
Application materials must be submitted to the Legion Riders Scholarship Committee representative by
May 1, 2014.
General Criteria: Applicants/nominated students must meet each criterion.
- Entering a Community College, Trade School or University in Fall of 2014.
- Submit two (2) letters of support addressing the merits, community service and character of the student. One letter should be from a teacher that has spent at least 1 year as an instructor for the student. One letter should be from a community member with which the student has volunteered for or who has worked alongside the student they believe should be recognized for their community service.
- Submit either a letter of nomination (for those that are being nominated by someone else) or a personal letter from the applicant that explores the volunteer and community service that you feel qualifies you for this scholarship.
- Submit official transcript supporting that the student:
- Met the requirements for graduation from high school in 2014.
applicants do not have to meet each criterion.
- Plan to enter into a career/trade that would allow the student to continue to give back to their community in some way. (Donating time using the skills they will be acquiring as they continue their education.)
- Awards or other recognitions
- Other scholarship or financial aid support (as a demonstration of recognized financial need and merit).
The completed application, transcript, and letters of reference must be submitted by May 1, 2014, to a Legion Rider Scholarship Committee Representative.
To download the Application – please click HERE or email email@example.com for an application.